Thursday, February 16, 2012

latest loves

flowers

It's been a long, busy day at the office. Busy in a good way! I'm thinkin' the lovely ladies and gents in the marketing department are pretty grateful this young intern (that would be me!) is still hangin' around and takin' on projects! 

With that said, I don't have much energy to write tonight. Could be because my mind's filled with website design ideas, a list people I need to contact, newsletter layouts, sponsorship correspondence, redesigning brochures and preparing for a huge golf tournament in May. Yep. Projects are in full swing! Worn out :)


So, I thought I'd share some of my favorite posts/sites/photos as of late. 


This one is from Good Women Project. READ IT. I promise you won't regret it.  
C.S. Lewis’ book, The Four Loves: “To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket – safe, dark, motionless, airless – it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable." 
Some jams, from Miss Magnolia.     
Favorites include Ben Rector, Chris Brown, Amos Lee and Thompson Square. I need more music in my life. Fact. On that note, be looking for a playlist of all my favorites. I need to fall back in love with finding new music. Favorite past time. Consider it done. 
Bet your bottom dollar, I will learn to sew. Well. Here's my inspiration.  
Hint: t-shirts, sewing, Theta and hand-made blankets. That's all I've got.  
I cannot wait for this website to launch. The Everygirl.  
Here's the tagline: Whether she is searching for her dream job or a new city to call home; is saving up for a down payment or a trip to Europe; is learning to cook or speak another language, she wants a little guidance. She wants to be inspired. She is the Everygirl. This is for her. 

2 comments:

mrsroberts said...

Leigh, I just started reading your blog and I LOVE it! I saw that you started following my blog (how did you find it??) and thought I should check yours out. How funny! We have so much in common - both went to Alabama! both love CS Lewis! I went to high school with the girl who writes Miss Magnolia (which is such a great blog, too!) I am learning to sew since I got my new sewing machine for Christmas! ... and I love Breakfast at Toast! This is just too much similarity to ignore -- let's be friends! ;)

Leigh said...

Thanks so much! You are too sweet!! Found your blog through Passport and Pearls, I think. Small world. And ROLL TIDE! We should definitely be friends :)

Post a Comment