Friday, January 6, 2012

place your hand over your heart. feel that? that's called purpose. you're alive for a reason. don't give up.

I received an email out of the blue today that has shocked me to my core. Literally, I almost cried except for the fact that I was in the office at my internship and surrounded by co-workers who would have wondered if I was mentally stable.
 
Let me back-track. Back in the beginning of November I applied for a job, in a city where I would love to live and at an organization where I would love to work! I got an in-person interview, but I was never called back for a second. I was disappointed because, well, who wouldn't be? In fact, the person I interview with told me my resume was almost exact compared to the person who was currently in the position. Good news, right?
 
For the last 2 weeks, I've been interested in a job, in that same city, at another organization where I'd love to work in healthcare. The phone interview seemed to go very well, but I've yet to hear back. That doesn't mean anything, as the process seems to be going slow from what I've heard.
 
So, back to that email today. Someone from the first organization where I interviewed, in a different department, contacted me to set up an interview on the same day, at the same time, which I expressed (in my head) wanting to interview with the second organization. I didn't apply for this job. I didn't know it was available. It seems my resume was somehow circulated around the organization. Nonetheless, I definitely feel like this is a "God thing" even this early in the game. So when the email read "thank you for your interests in the 'yada yada' position, we'd like to schedule an interview 'yada yada yada' next week" I was overwhelmed that this opportunity SOUGHT ME OUT! Overwhelmed that this just-so-happened to be when I would be in the area anyway. 

So many days I don't feel like He is here with me walking this journey. I know that sounds sad and depressing, but it's true. I wonder why. Yet, I refuse to believe that things just happen - there's a plan. His plan. I am grateful. No. Matter. What. Happens. He has a purpose for me. 

In other news, I'm headed down to NOLA to celebrate with my team and friends. Trip of a lifetime, as my mother says. Whatever happens, those boys are champs! Yes, there will be quite a pile on my desk at my internship when I return. But a few days off with friends and travel will do me good :) Hope to have good news when I return in a few days! Roll Tide, y'all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment