Thursday, October 25, 2012

wanderlust | hello, (last) spring

Found this lovely update on my life that I never posted. Without further delay...

HELLO, SPRING! It's lovely to see you! 

I finally took that trip to Philadelphia that I'd been talking about for months to visit one of my best college girl friends. And since then, she's moved back down South... all the way to Nashville. But before I reached the city of Brotherly Love, I visited our Nation's capital.  

Friends/tour guides/hosts are the best!

Of course,  the only picture I took in DC was of the White House! Go figure. 


But I enjoyed so much more! The Newseum! Georgetown Cupcakes! J.Pauls! The Lincoln Memorial. Tortilla Cafe! And Korean BBQ! (OK, maybe not so much the Korean BBQ. But hey, I gave it a try!) Livin' on the wild side. 

I took the train, met Katie at her apartment, she cooked me pancakes, we talked and laughed and caught up, and then we journeyed out to discover Philly!




I saw some great sites in Philly and I even got pictures, too, thanks to, Katie, my sorority sister and sweet friend : ) Next time I'm there, I'll have to add an off-Broadway production and the Italian Market to my "To-Do" List!

Katie and I visited the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, The "Oldest Continuously Inhabited Street in the Nation," LOVE Park, the FABULOUS Franklin Fountain and lots of other shops and delicious restaurants! Favorite restaurants in Philly were Green Eggs Cafe (a great brunch spot!) and Mercato (a small, cozy Italian BYOB Restaurant!) Katie's roommate (at the time) joined us and we laughed, talked, ate and drank wine. And ate more, drank more and laughed more.  I'd recommend both restaurants to anyone! Delicious. 

------------------------------------------------------

This whole trip was a reminder on how life changes! HE CONNECTS THE DOTS! He has loved me, protected me, taught me hard lessons and He has provided for me! I didn't see that months ago. This trip was the beginning of me 'getting it' - how much He had, was and is doing in my life.  I'm so thankful I see that now. Trusting in His plan makes me smile EVERY SINGLE DAY! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment