Wednesday, January 25, 2012

a list of happenings




1) This girl. She's got some really exciting news! Are you ready for this? I've lost 14.5 pounds since I stepped on a scale this past summer. I'm not a scale kind-of-girl. Clothes fitting? Most important, so I haven't jumped on a scale in months. I'd love to tell you it's all that time I've spent at the gym running and busting my butt with cardio and squats and girly exercises I found on Pinterest, but that would be lying to you! Most of all, I've cut down on my meal portions. I exercise when I feel like it on a yoga mat in my room. And I've learned to handle stress in different ways.  I save my alcohol consumption for special occasions. Weekends with the girls, trips to New Orleans, you know the fun stuff! Other times, I stick to red wine. I still have a-ways-to-go. I am happy with my weight, really! But let's be honest, I wouldn't even get in a swimsuit right now. Girl still needs those exercises from Pinterest! 

2) Two very special friends are marrying each other in Ttown this weekend! I'll be headed that way in a few days! Exciting! I haven't seen them in person since the night they were engaged, which happened to be on my 22nd birthday and a few days before I walked at graduation! James is (was) my campus minister and Margaret led our Women's Bible Study and became a great friend. I pretty much told James if he didn't ask Margaret to marry him, he was dumb. But I think he already knew that before I ever said a word ;) There's something really special when two people, who are so great individually, tie the knot! The night they were engaged, Margaret called me up and begged me to meet them along with some other friends because she really wanted to see me. But I happened to be on a bar crawl with my sorority sisters, so I begged them to stop by before they met friends in downtown Tuscaloosa.  Margaret blurted out the news on the phone and my persuasive skills came in handy. So as the girls were inside singing karaoke, James and Margaret pulled into the parking lot where I waited on them. I screamed. We hugged. We all laughed at my excitement! Margaret told me the story of their proposal. James seemed ecstatic and overwhelmed. Margaret seemed grateful and happy. I stood there screaming more. What else is there to do when you're that excited? We said our goodbyes and they went on their way. I can't wait to see those two get hitched this Saturday! And spend time with college ministry friends! Life does have some really, really good parts.

All caught up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment