Saturday, December 31, 2011

In 2011:


Started my last semester of classes at the Capstone. Gave love another try. Spoke at a presbytery meeting on behalf of campus ministry {which I love and believe in} and told my story. Spent Spring Break in the Keys - on my first big vacation with friends. Worked on a PR/Branding campaign. Treasured the time I had left with my sorority sisters in Tuscaloosa's finest establishments. Laughed. Cried. Job searched. Gained weight. Mourned when my college town was struck by the April 27th tornadoes. Scored an internship that I was blessed to obtain - and I'm still there! Helped with tornado relief. Moved home. Started my internship. Traveled to New Orleans for a wedding with my family. Gave up on love {ending the relationship} because I wanted to make sense of my life on my own. Attended a close friend's wedding in Knoxville. Job searched. Gained more weight. Spent the summer working and seeing friends every chance possible. Traveled to several !!college towns!! in the Southeast working with my internship. Turned 22 years young. Celebrated two amazing mentor/friend's engagement - on my birthday - when they told me in person :) Graduated from college. Realized that my life still wasn't put-together, probably less put-together after the relationship ended. Continued my internship. Started loosing weight. Continued to job search - without luck. Began making sense of my life. Told God that I would move forward, wait and trust in His plans. Tried my best to let go of my hope and dreams, trusting in His plan alone. Then, I learned to trust God in ways I never have before! And then it was Thanksgiving before I knew it. My BAMA boys earned a spot in the National Championship game. I celebrated Christmas with my favorite traditions. Missed my grandparents who I'd love to have had their guidance during this year. And now, on this last day I could tell you I'm reflecting on this year. Yeah, this is a synopsis. 


But I'M LOOKING toward the future! I'm excited about the future! I am ready face 2012, head on, from what I've learned in 2011. I'm praying that all the things that haven't made sense in 2011 will fall in place during 2012!! You live and you learn, right? What's to come in 2012? So far: It's NYE in my favorite college town. New Orleans for the 'ship! More jobs searching and interviewing. Mentors/friends wedding. All in just a short time.  


Hey 2012: #BRINGITON

0 comments:

Post a Comment